Wednesday, September 26, 2007

frustrations and asunción, py

i got to the paraguayan border after 3/4 of a day on buses only to find out that i would now need to lug myself and my huge bag back to the previous town, shell out 50 bucks and get a tourist VISA. not only that but the only real viable way of transport was a personal taxi, ugh.....i could hear the money just draining like liquid out of my bank account. so after a few snafus at the bank i finally got the dough i needed to get the VISA. two hours after my initial arrival i had my VISA and was through to paraguay. now i had a decision to make, hop onto a crowded mini-bus for real cheap and hope it takes me to the brasilian consulate in asunción (my whole reason for going to PY in the first place) or take my cab high-style like right to the door. well, i knew my money was low but i was also extremely stressed and tired and was hoping to get the VISA processed that afternoon so i opted with the friendly cab-man.

then, i got to the consulate but it was closing 20 minutes after i got there...finish this later.

1 Comments:

Blogger leah v said...

i'm taking portuguese. did i tell you? i want to go brasil now.

i empathise with your difficulties. good luck.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home